Direct X Graphics Support

technoman2

Fully Optimized
I have recently brought a high demanding game and I have installed it and my Graphics card doesn't fully support Direct X 8.1 and the game will not run. Is there any way of forcing the game to run?

If you can not force it to run then is there anyway of updating my card drivers to fully support this or has it to do with the card its self? :confused:

I am using Windows 2000

THere's no way to make a video card more compatable with DirectX, however, newer versions should work fine with older cards. They just might not use all the featuers.

Chances are, if your card dosn't support 8.1 very well, it won't play the game too well. I'm guessing it's onboard video?

Same deal...you might get more compatability with games and such, but the card will only use what it can. This is not to say it won't improve things a bit, in some cases. I know my Radeon 8500 seemed a bit faster when I installed 9...

There is a way, but it is extremely risky, so be careful. You must flash a new GPU Bios onto the cards EEPROM memory, thus changing settings and max abilities of the card, etc.

BE WARNED, ALTHOUGH THIS WORKS, IT COULD ALSO FRY YOUR CARD, OR CAUSE YOU PC TO CRASH ANDGPU TO MALFUNCTION UNTIL YOU REVERT THE EEPROM FROM ANOTHER PC!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom