new motherboard,new video card, wont get past windows xp screen

xstealthstriker

Baseband Member
i just got a new motherboard and a new video card. my motherboard is:http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-153-017&depa=0

my processor is intel celeron 1.7ghz, socket 478. after i set up the BIOS ( i set up the BIOS exactly like it said in the motherboard manual)

its loads, then i see the loading screen for the WINDOWS XP for like a quarter of a second, then it flickers, i see a blue screen for another half second, then the screen changes back to the screen i see when i first turn my computer on. can somebody please help me? thanks alot..

I'm assuming you simply upgraded the motherboard and video card but are using the same install of windows that you originally had? If so, that's probably the problem. I know XP and 2000 are picky about hardware chages. Unlike 98, you can't use it in another computer without getting some major error.

Have you tries safe mode? Pressing F8 while it boots? Perhaps if you could get there, you could get some new drivers installed, or at least copy some stuff off the computer.

Is this happening because you re-installed the OS or is it occuring because you put in the new mobo and vid card with the OS that was on the hard drive prior to it?

Yup, I had the same problem. Put in the repair disk, and let it repair the whole system.

ok thanks alot, so i just put in the Windows XP Home Edition CD into my cd drive, and it should work? or is there a thing called a windows xp REPAIR disk? i'll get the windows xp cd from my friend, but i dont know anything about an windows xp repair disk. thanks

boot to the xp disk, it will say to set up windows now press enter, to do a repair press r. Press enter the first time, then after it detects an xp installation it will ask again...then do a repair.

Back
Top Bottom