Favorite OS?

Windows and me seriously ain't good pals. It's failed me so many times over the past few years that if not for my family members who is addicted to the Windows drug, I would have broken my Windows cd into a million pieces and junked it forever.

HACHA! Linux SUSE, Gentoo, Mandrake, and Rehat are my favs. I hate Windows, but I need to use it for games. Apple Panther 10.3 pwns also, but is only for Apples really. I own a G4, but I don't use it that much, except for graphics design (sometimes). my Dad loves it, but we gave it to my crazy 11 year old brother to mess around with (he loves Apple to his death he says) :rolleyes: Whatever... All are Ok, but Linux is the best here, so DIE MICROSOFT! JK, we'll see what Longhorn comes out to be, maybe it will be very good, then again, it may just blow chunks also.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha, I have no time to answer all of that... but I've had almost 10 years now without a Kernal Failure on seven main machines, six different Windows Versions and god knows how many computers in total.

What do you do, leave it turned off all day or something? ;)

I have had the occasional crash although not often.
I generally have mine on 5 hours in the evening because of school although about 16 over the weekends

With Windows XP MS has finally reached what should be the minimum expected level of performance for a mainstream OS. Previous versions of Windows crashed in almost embarassing ways (sometimes the messages and meltdowns were amusing enough to compensate for the frustration). Win2000 was a lot better, but suffered from treesloth speed bootup times. So finally, after years of waiting, we've met the minimum standard.

Nonetheless, I'd have to go with Linux as a favorite OS. Once Macromedia makes a Linux version of Flash (any news?) I'll make the switch permanent.

ewomack said:
With Windows XP MS has finally reached what should be the minimum expected level of performance for a mainstream OS. Previous versions of Windows crashed in almost embarassing ways (sometimes the messages and meltdowns were amusing enough to compensate for the frustration). Win2000 was a lot better, but suffered from treesloth speed bootup times. So finally, after years of waiting, we've met the minimum standard.

Nonetheless, I'd have to go with Linux as a favorite OS. Once Macromedia makes a Linux version of Flash (any news?) I'll make the switch permanent.

Macromedia has made a version of flash for Linux. It's been out for like what two years now? I love Linux. You can do everything you do in Windows on Linux. It's free and so is 90% of the software that run on Linux. If you're a programmer then Linux spoils you with all the programming tools avaliable for it. I love it. My sister also uses it and loves it so does my grandmother and my cousins and most of my family.

Jordie

Back
Top Bottom