Xp...

SP2 is crap. anyone Ive seen has problems with alot of apps and its boggy and slows things down, that's why there's MOZILLA FIREFOX!!!!

what the hell does firefox have to do with sp2? sp2 is a security update, not a browser. So when you build your high end gaming systems, you just leave off sp2 so you customers systems will be vulnerable?
Nice.......

it opens up more holes. and patching over patches wont fix all holes, there will always be holes.

and SP2 will not let you play certian games and they will not work in SP2 in fact lots of apps wont!! theres a very long list of 40 or more affected apps!!

it causes more problems that what its worth

give me a list of apps, and/or games sp2 will not work with, I am an avid gamer with no issues with sp2, also I find it hard to believe there are that many issues and yet I have not seen a one, out of all the computers I have installed it on. While I am open to the fact it is possible, I doubt you can produce concrete evidence that this is the case. Afterall, I think if it was so I would have seen it by now. I doubt that sp2 opens up MORE holes, but yes there will always be holes in the os. I have had nothing but success with sp2, and people who have problems with it are generally having problems anyway.

athlon64fx said:
the firewall blocking programs doesn't count, thats an easy fix. I want to see issues with programs rendered totally functionless because of sp2.
C'mon....did you really think that was good enough? What firewall doesn't block access without having your approval? If we based our decision that sp2 sucked because of the link you just posted, we could also add that every software firewall in existance sucks as well, which btw is only one feature of the update.

Does anyone ELSE have anythingTHING ELSE to contribute...I am trying to decide on SP1 or SP2 for my new system...and I need concrete facts damnit! LOL.

This is a door that swings both way's....So let it be known that this is a perocative call on the person that wants to install or not.

Personally, i don't like SP2 right now, cuz it does seem to have bugs,..this is just an opion...so don't bash.

On the other hand, there are people who have installed correctly, and/or they got a file that was not
infected w/a virus or highjack prog.

And it works fine for them....so let it be a judgement call...

I wasn't trying to bash anyone, nor did I mean to come off that way. The whole point in my fighting the matter is that I said typically if you have problems it occured because of the prescence of spy/adware, and or viruses, then Novartic stated something to the effect of yeah and who doesn't have them, and don't tell me you can get rid of them because you can't I've tried. Since I get rid of spy/adware daily, and viruses, I just wondered why he thought it wasn't possible. There are lots of things I am not capable of doing, but I don't doubt someone else can do it, just because I cannot. Typically I feel like Microsoft does have some worthless shit, in this case I feel like they have came up with an update that works really well, and if I hadn't installed it on so many systems I wouldn't be so confident in that.

Back
Top Bottom