Windows XP Won't Boot: File Missing or Corrupt: WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

mjonesguyana

Baseband Member
Windows XP Won't Boot: File Missing or Corrupt: WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I am having problems with my Windows XP. I just switched over and was previously using Windows 2000. I'm not sure how it happened but this file:

WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Can't be found. Windows says it's either been corrupt or deleted. I've asked around and I get the same answer: "Load your Windows installation CD and try to repair the file".

Sure why not... Wait a second, did I forget to tell you guys that my system dies even before I reach the LOGON SCREEN?

Hehe yeah add that to the list of problems and see if you can work around it. Thanks alot for taking your time to read my thread.

Take it easy,
Mjonesguyana ( ))_Crayola_))>~

well, what a problem ... all i can suggest it to remove windows Xp but how are you going to do that. i miss the old format c: in windows 98

sorry i can not be much help!

windowsxp cd-rom has an option to repair a windows installation. try starting up with the cd and using that to fix it.

yah, that will restore the OS to it's original state, but you will lose all files on the hhd...

If you got this message trying to boot into safe mode after empying the pre-fetch folder ....it's ok.

if you got this message , re-boot again...pressing f8 for safe mode....the secong time it load up ok without the error message.

dude that happens to me all the time, its like a time basis. every 2 months that screen at the start saying a file is missing or corrupt comes up

Yeah.. I finnally fixed mine.. I guess the only thing you can do is re-format. Might as well back-up all your files, or if they're easily downloadabe again then just go ahead and re-format :( .

Back
Top Bottom