Can't delete a folder

it says this when I try to rename it:
---------------------------
Error Renaming File or Folder
Cannot rename video: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
and that the file is not currently in use.
OK

i take it you had a go at renaming it back ? well did u say the folder is empty and can you open the folder?

hey guy's ....not being a jerk here, just wanted to clear up some ?'s though bout the 5-line thing.

Here
are the Forum Rules ...

if you notice in line 5) it say's that sigs are to be only 5-lines....Lol

LOL Ok I'll follow your example and if anyone gives me any crap I'll send em your way. Hehe lol

Does that mean that you can have 5 lines of writing with a few lines of nothing in between or not??
I think i already know the answer :p

Mr.Mixx u have a 4 line sig ureself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good job

<<< WINDOWS WORD UP EDITION >>>
For all my ghetto thugs out there....8)
"Ya gotts to get up , ta get down"..... : p
Words of the wise: PARTY_HARDY_MARTY...

This should fix the problem. If it dosen't please provide us with the error returned.

1. Restart the computer. Tab or hold down the F8 Key until you enter 'Windows Advanced Configuration' Menu. Select 'Safe mode with command prompt' from the menu and hit enter.

2. You should now see a Command Prompt Window appear on your screen. Type in the following command.

Code:
Del  C:\folder you want to delete /F

Let's say the folder was on your Desktop and is named, 'ryan.' You can delete it by doing the following on Windows Xp or Nt.

Code:
Del %userprofile%/desktop/ryan /F

3. Reboot the system and the folder should be gone!

You shouldn't get any error messages with this method. If you do get an access denied error in dos let us know. For future refrence it's always good to see what is running with your computer if you don't find anything in task manager. :) You can do this by using a tool such as regedit or msconfig.

Jordie I tried what you said and it said that it couldn't find my folder.
It said could not find video.
The folder is empty thats the weird thing

Back
Top Bottom