HELP!!Mess with Windows XP SP2

Ya i know that's the only resort at last....
But could you guys tell me how i could back my e-mails (or Inbox folder) from the outlook express thru the cmd prompt.

Do a search for inbox.dbx and copy to cd or floppy or another drive (other than c:

you may also want to use the windows backup feature just to be safe so you don't loose anything.

I guess yo'll have to use the standard 3R Windows troubleshooting procedure. Reboot, Reformat, Reinstall..

Johnsellars said:
Sorry to hear of your problems. Wish i could help.
John
:confused: :mad:

Thanks johnsellars. Well could you pls tell me how i could do a windows back up thru the cmd prompt. I did read the procedures given in the microsoft.com support page. But its done by opening the Backup or restore Wizard window which i cannot in the usual way.
Or if there is any way i could open this window thru the comand prompt Please help me.

Thanks and cheers,

crazyman143 said:
you may also want to use the windows backup feature just to be safe so you don't loose anything.

Thanks any way.
Again i'ld like to know how do i backup thru the cmd prompt.

Cheers,
ClayBrians

iamroot said:
I guess yo'll have to use the standard 3R Windows troubleshooting procedure. Reboot, Reformat, Reinstall..

I bet you i am abt to go for the 3R.

So I guess that is the ultimate solution.

Thanks guys.

i hate it when it comes to that. i once had a wiley virus that norton and mcaffee couldn't handle. then it got nasty and, well, you can guess the rest. good thing i kept backups :)

Oh that was cool!!!!
I got rid of the problem by first backing up the things i needed of course all thru the cmd prompt. Then i just went for the repair feature which ended up very well and alas i have got rid of the SP2 which was the nasty thing...

Phew......

Back
Top Bottom