HELP!!! Backup E-mails??

tester

Baseband Member
:rolleyes:

Hi folks,
Does any body know how to back up the emails thru the command prompt.
I have messed up with my OS while installing SP2. And i can only go to the comand prompt window. So will anybody pls get a solution to find my e-mails stored in my system.
I have found an inbox.dbx file, but not any of the .pst files in which i suppose it should be placed.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers.

xcopy c:\myemails\ /s /w

did you have any idea how big the emails are?

and i am not sure if you can get into command promt with WinXP, i take it you are using windows xp because you are installing SP2?

/s copies files in directories and subdirectories unless they are empty

/w prompts you to press a key before starting copying

Thank you so much... I guess that's it. That would be worth a try. Any way i'll get back to you if anything goes wrong.

Cheers

no problem, good luck and hope you get a backup done becasue it would be a shame to lose them, my computer backups all my emails when i logon to my other HDD. becasue i have 2

coooo........l!!!!!
It was indeed of gr8 help. I was able to get it done. But one more thing i noted in ur reply was that u get a back up of ur E-mails. I presume its done automatically. If so would you mind sharing that procedures how i could get an automatic back up.

Thanks for all that help.

what i use is Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup

This is a program that allows you to create backups. what i have done is set the program to backup my email folder.

Press the Backup Tab and pick a folder you wish to backup then press the Schedule Jobs Tab and press the button Add Job (found bottom right of window)

If you have selected any folders press Yes when the message box appears this makes sure that you want to backup the selected folders.

Follow the wizard through and when you get to When to Backup make sure you select the radio button that says later the press Set Schedule button.

You need to pick when you want to backup to be done i make sure that is was every login because i always get new emails daily.

i hope you understand what i am trying to say

Back
Top Bottom