AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morpheus, the pics of the MOBO where when I first got it, I scannered them (is scannered a word, LMAO??) The tower pic shows the cards. The MOBO is just a cool pic of me holding the SLi A8N card and showing the dual slots.

with that cooling im sure you can pull of more than 2.8GHZ LOL

p4vmm2 said:
I tried everything alot of grease, less grease normal amount of grease. something is wrong because most custom built PCs overheat AMD or intel. its just that AMD has higher temperature limit than intel. But still if i walk into a computer store say futureshop and by a pentium 4 at 2.4 or 2.8 or up to 3.8GHz its not going to oveheat even though they are alot faster than mine I've got 2.4Ghz. Mine overheats and its put together myself. And the computers futureshop has are put together by some idiot in the company reading a manual and it doesnt overheat.
If all of my friends and my bro's friends computers overheat something is wrong, like its fixed to overheat if you put it yourself. :(

well number one, intel is a sucker when it comes to running at a decient temp. one of my friends had 2 computers with P4 2.4 processors and they were always overheating from day one...to the day he took one apart to see what what going on, why they were running so hot. he had been using em for less then 30 days, and when he tried to seperate the cpu from the heatsink, he got a huge surprise. it seemed like the cpu had baked itself to the heatsink and he couldnt get it apart, and when he did...he had 2 pieces of processors. and...sadly he took the second one apart only to find the same deal. it was then i talked him into buying AMD.

AMD ROCKS!!!

and no im not biased...im still waiting for intel to release a cooler running processor!

yess heard that alot about p4's melting onto heatsinks...

very bad when used in critical server environments.

well i mised all the fun , cuz i haven't been in this thread in awhile.

But i can't seem to find the pics you guy's are talking about.

there are certain things that i dont understand about processors. well we all know for the fact that amd consumes(or is supposed to consume) less power then intel. well right now im on a HP laptop that has a P4 2.53 cpu in it. and my friend has a HP laptop running a AMD 2500 and a guy should think that his laptop should have a longer battery life then mine. but surprise!! my p4 is doubling his hours. i get about 3.5 - 4 hours while just serfing the web. and he gets about 1.5...2 max
and they both have the exact battery.

Lol....well it all depends on how many procceses are going on in that time period, you will be supprized on how many procceses run in the back ground.

Comsuming power from the CPU.
many thing's play into the factor, depending apon settings and usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom