Ntfs 5, ntfs or fat 32?

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
What is the difference between NTFS5, NTFS and FAT32? What are they and what do they mean and which one is best for gaming? Which is easyiest to use? Which is the most versatile/stable?

i also found that running windows xp on FAT32 was fine and had no problems but i didn't have XP installed for long so couldn't tell you at bout the long term effects, if you have WinXP just use NTFS

yah, well you can have xp on a Fat32 format, but if you want a more stable format ... then NTFS comes into play.

NTFS is just generally better, FAT32 is good if you use the Hard Drive on more than one bootup of Windows. NTFS is better for larger Hard Drives.

~mr mixx~ said:
yah, well you can have xp on a Fat32 format, but if you want a more stable format ... then NTFS comes into play.

yes you are correct i would do that. i have NTFS with Windows 2000 :D

pcgodintraining said:
I beg to differ. I had A FAT32 on win XP pro and worked okay.

I wouldn't use Fat32. Yes, you do have that option but if you're going to run Windows Xp use Ntfs! Ntfs has lots of features and is considered a partial journal ling file system.
You would be better off using Ntfs unless you have both Windows 98 and Windows Xp installed. Windows 98 can't read Ntfs so that would be a case where you could use Fat32 on Windows Xp.

Back
Top Bottom