oc radeon 9800 pro

scottnel

Baseband Member
i have a 9800 pro and my settings are :
engine clock= 381 mhz
memory clock=340 mhz
what can i safey oc these too with stock cooling and 1 extra case fan?Thanks for any help. ( by the way, im using powerstrip to do this, is it a good program?

I am an nVidia user (being that nVidia OC much better...) but I also have owned a 9800XT at one time. Ok, here is what you can do with stock cooling and one extra case fan.

Try these settings first, then move up from there if you feel the need:
ENGINE/MEMORY
First One- 415/350
2nd Stage- 425/365
3rd Stage- 440/370

Final Stage- 450/380

If you want to try pushing this card further, go ahead, but I don't recommend it especially with ATi (heat demons!!). JUST REMEMBER WHEN DOING ANY OVERCLOCKING, TAKE IT SLOWLY!! :p :D

NOW, if you mod the cooling with a great heatsink/fan onboard VGA GPU cooler, then you can push it to about 475/400, but no more, or you may be risking blowing the capacitors! GL!

Hey AMD! What about a regular 6800? What would you recommend for the Ocing stages?

EDIT>>> Mine are currently at, Core: 381 and Memory: 721

Sure, since I have GT's NP at all.

First Stage- What you already have
Second Stage- 390/750
Third Stage- 395/755
Final Stage- 400/800

Now, if you can get the chip to be stable between 2nd and 3rd (I call this the dead zone since this is where OC lives or dies, then you can theortically bring it up to these speeds: 400/875

That is pretty high, so be careful!!! :eek: Don't push, remember my OCing motto! JUST REMEMBER WHEN DOING ANY OVERCLOCKING, TAKE IT SLOWLY!! :p :D

You may have final core clock underclocked a bit like this 385/875, but hopefully your cooling and voltages will be ok to go all the way. GL either way. if you have any questions, PM me ok?

Alright. You rich bastard. You have a FX-55?!?! and 2 6800 GT's in SLI?!?! DAMN IT!!!

I am not rich, my parents are (I hate saying that, it makes me sound stuck up WHICH I AM NOT AT ALL!!, and also makes me sound concieted. Damn you money for truly being the root of all evils!! They paid for the cyberpower system, then I paid for the parts to modify it. i work at Best Buy really hard for my own money, but my parents spoil me (sometimes I wish they wouldn't... :mad: ) please don't be jealous of me, I hate that. Don't judge me as a person off what kinda PCs I have at home. We have 3 top of the line PC's, but that doesn't make us one ioda better then you or your family. Money isn't everything, being a good helpful person is, and that is why I am on this forum not to show off, but to help others.

Yeah I know. I didnt really mean to insult you or anything in that post. I was just suprised at your setup aka my dream comp.

Back
Top Bottom