AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats Mobo? What does it do? And how does it effect the temperature? I know alot about computers but mobo?

Hum diddy hum, overclocking a P4 is ok, but be careful. I recommend you use a different thermal paste, something that includes Alumina (Al203) such as Artic Alumina thermal compound. When the temperature reaches a certain point, a reaction occurs that is endothermic (requires heat energy to activate, thus taking away surrounding heat) because of the Alumina compound. Try this, and get a high speed fan and copper heatsink with a Tungsten core (if you can find one) and a 120mm fan to cool the processor, or switch to Peltier cooling!! :D :D :D :eek:

Sorry for double post but these deserve their own post baby!! HERE IS MY BABY, and my MOBO for you guys to see. :eek: :D :cool:

mypc2nx.jpg

mysli0oi.jpg

Sorry, couldn't fit the other pic (only 2 at one time) Here are the sockets in all their glory for you. Again, enjoy, and thx for advice on putting up pics!

slimine6px.jpg

Awesome cooling! With that kind of cooling I can overclock 2.4Ghz to 2.8Ghz easily! I can't possibly afford that. :) cool man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom