Can't delete a folder

1) What happens if you highlight it and press both the Shift and Delete keys?

2) is it on your desktop? if not can you drag it to the desktop at all?

3) do you leave your computer on all the time or do you turn it off nightly?

DJM1972 said:
Wait it says the folder is empty. Whats the deal with that there was 4.5 gig's in this folder.

Go to Tools|Folder Options|View and click the "Show hidden files and folders" Box to enable viewing hidden files and folders. Aswell, disable " Hide protected operating system files (recommended)".

Check the contents of that Folder again to see if anything pops up. You should check you Processes for any unusual programs running. If you organize them by Name it's easier to check. If there's an unwanted process running,it'll usually be listed under the Username logged in, if not then it'll be named a System process.

IF you happen to find something that shouldn't be there. Get the name of process itself "Image Name" and research online. (Google it, thats the best way) If comfirmed, run msconfig and enable "Selective Startup" and uncheck "Load System Services" & "Load Startup items". Save this configuration and reboot. Search for that process (using the Image Name & MAKING SURE YOU ENABLE VIEWING HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS).Get it, delete it (no recycle bin) and restart you computer with "Normal Startup" under msconfig.

Try to remove that folder now. If you find several questionable processes running make sure you remove them all before returning to Normal Startup.

1. I enabled show hidden files and folders
2. I enabled Hide protected operating system files
The only problem is when I try to open the folder up it says the following:
---------------------------
DSK1_VOL1 (C:)
C:\video is not accessible.

Access is denied.

OK
Next I'm not sure what most of the stuff is in the processes. Some of it is familar but much more complex than Windows 98 processes list. I think this is where I got to draw the line and say it would be easier to formatt.
I guess what I'm trying to say is: How am I supposed to find a unwanted process when its like trying to read Chinese :p

victoryrose said:
1) What happens if you highlight it and press both the Shift and Delete keys?

2) is it on your desktop? if not can you drag it to the desktop at all?

3) do you leave your computer on all the time or do you turn it off nightly?

1. Same thing it says I can't
2. No its not on my desktop, Can't move it at all.
3. Usually turn it off nightly but some times leave it on till it crashes lol.

ok, is there any task running in task manager that maybe to do with that folder?

can i ask why you want to delete it? is it causing any problems or do you want to get rid of it?

Ok I found a cool program called Wintasks. But I check the processes and didn't really find anything that shouldn't be running :confused:

The contents of this folder originally came from my bearshare downloads directory. I didn't feel like sharing them any more so I moved them to a different location. Then I wanted to do a partial backup and had to move them again and thats when it happened.

I think when I moved the folder I had some other important processes running and it was a lot of info so I think some kind of irreversable error happened. But I can't remember for sure now.

Technoman: I check the processes didn't really see anything there. Its not causing any problems but I have had this happen before.
I think I'm gonna call it quits and pull the plug on this one and just leave this stupid folder alone before it causes real damage.

Back
Top Bottom