modding a moniter

tater salad

Baseband Member
k i started to mod a moniter, just paint and a window, and was wondering, has anyone tried to put fans in without taking power from your computer? instead use the moniter for power. do not tell me to not mod my moniter because i already started, i would just like to know how i would use the moniter as a power source for my fans.

CarpeNoctem said:
Why would you need fans on your monitor?
after you put in a window, you cover up vents, which causes the moniter to get hotter, which causes it to have a shorter life. fans would give it a longer life and add noise to my room...lol

If it were me doing it... I'd solder a Powercable from the Powersupply to four pieces of everyday wire, cutting the original end off to be soldered back on at the end. Then coil the power cable around the Monitor Cable along to the Monitor - maybe even cover it in Insultation Tape to make it look like one cable.

Then feed the new wire in through the back, and power a normal everyday Computer Fan as you would inside a Computer.

To try and tap the power in the Monitor would be safe to neither you nor the Monitor.

Back
Top Bottom