IM problems

therealmatrixha

Beta member
For some reason, when using instant messangers, (AIM, Yahoo, MSN) my internet will only let me directly connect with people to transfer files, video chat, etc. some of the time. I don't really think it's a firewall problem, or else it would happen all of the time. From what I can tell, there's no single action that sets this off, either.

Any ideas on what's going on?

therealmatrixha said:
For some reason, when using instant messangers, (AIM, Yahoo, MSN) my internet will only let me directly connect

It would help if you mention that....are you using one program to access them all or are you using each induvidual program?

therealmatrixha said:
For some reason, when using instant messangers, (AIM, Yahoo, MSN) my internet will only let me directly connect with people to transfer files, video chat, etc. some of the time.

I did mention it.

And I'm using them all seperately. I'm not using Trillian or anything like that.

That's not it. When it stops working, it stops with everybody. Like, one part of the day I'll be able to connect with someone and later in the day I won't be able to with the same person.

That's really strange. Doesn't look like firewall problem for sure. Unless there are like some time settings on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom