Problem with graphics card

Zann

Solid State Member
I'm having a small problem with my Graphics card.. As I have a pretty general interest in computer I am also interested in gaming but now I have run int a problem in launching some games that require d3d. When I start the games it gives me an error message saying that it was some trouble launching D3d. When I encounterd this problem before I was able to fix it by reinstalling my graphics drivers, but now reinstalling won't fix the problem.. I have also tried to install the drivers from scratch and neither that wont work. This problem appears when launching Ragnarok online and some other games. But I don't have any troubles running Unreal tournament with the exeption that I can only run it in windowed mode.

My question is if anyone else is/have eperienced the same/similar problem. and may have a solution to it.

EDIT: games that don't require D3d start and run normaly I might add to not create any question marks

I have the latest drivers installed.. and it have worked wtith them.

Some games are not compatiable with certain graphics cards. Or so i have been told....

Well these games have been running on this computer before.. with exactly the same hardware.. and that is the strangest thing.. how can they first work.. and then suddenly not work?

reformat??
lol. the solution to everything.

umm, not sure, but can ur games run in OPenGL??

try running it in that.

Have you overclocked you graphics card, or is it sufficiently cooled? The resistors or capacitors may have blown, thus meaning that certain supported areas may not be functioning properly. Trust me, I blew 3 6800GTs already this way!!!

TibsBeatAll: I can only run some games in OpenGL, like half-life, the other games won't give me the option for one reason or another.

AMD ZEN: Nope, haven't overclocked it, not so good at clocking my hardware so I don't want to take a chance about it. and I think it would be sufficent cooling since I have 2 80mm chassie fans(1 in the front blowing in and 1 in the back blowing out) and also my room is kinda cold, about 17-18 degrees celsius. but other than that I have no cooling on the card..

Back
Top Bottom