Man What An Honor

uhhh its Yin and Yang. I would know cuz im Chinese.

EDIT>>> Yin and Yang represents "light" and "dark"

Yeah exactly It's supposed to represent the fact that even in pure good their is a bit of evil and that in the purist of evil their is a bit of good with white being good and black being evil. So basically I don't know where you came up with that one but it has nothing to do with peace but the balance between good and evil.

Okay, if you look at the casualty count, you'll see that Russia did indeed have a lot more dead then Germans in the battle. This is however, because there were a bunch of civilians killed, as well as 'patriotic' civilians, who just grabbed a couple of guns and started firing at the germans, with no training. And lack of supplies did kill them, because if supplies could be delivered, they would get warmer equipment. Lack of supplies + deadly cold = death. And the russians were responsible for the lack of supplies to the germans. The 'human battles' that you refer to are the ones fought by the people who were defending the city. Well unfortunately, they didn't have much choice. If they tried to run away, they would die, because the germans would outflank them. So that's not much of a choice there.

rakedog said:
Okay, if you look at the casualty count, you'll see that Russia did indeed have a lot more dead then Germans in the battle. This is however, because there were a bunch of civilians killed, as well as 'patriotic' civilians, who just grabbed a couple of guns and started firing at the germans, with no training. And lack of supplies did kill them, because if supplies could be delivered, they would get warmer equipment. Lack of supplies + deadly cold = death. And the russians were responsible for the lack of supplies to the germans. The 'human battles' that you refer to are the ones fought by the people who were defending the city. Well unfortunately, they didn't have much choice. If they tried to run away, they would die, because the germans would outflank them. So that's not much of a choice there.

and their own officers would shoot them if they retreated.

rakedog said:

Look, I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't understand the basic concepts of military strategy and the huge errors Zhukhov committed. If you fail to acknowledge these errors, then that is your own problem. Zhukhov was a lousy commander. The situation for the Russians was horrible, but the Germans had horrific conditions because they were freezing. And I never brought anything up about human battles (dude read my damn posts for a change). I talked about human wave attacks. The same ones the Chinese did during the Korean war.

Back
Top Bottom