sticky keyboard

big gee

Solid State Member
Hi guys, what's the best way to clean a sticky keyboard. Nothing spilled, just general grime.

use a scrwdriver 2 remove ach key 1 AT a time = vacum the crap, and use a cotton bud to remove grease

theres some type of spray u can get from poffice depot that works great! dont remember what name it was though...

I disassemble my keyboard about every six months or so and run it through the dishwasher.

Let it dry over night to make sure there is no water left inside and TA-DA!!! A new looking keyboard. I have an extra keyboard that I use to take with to LAN parties and such, that I use during the time I am washing the other one.

I have hod my Logitech keyboard for over 4 years and it still looks and works as new.

By the way: you won't damage your keyboard, but be firm when clipping the keys back in, they sometimes need a bit of a push, just be sure to check that the clips are snug otherwise they may snap...

Wouldn't running it through the dishwasher damage it so you couldn't use it anymore???

No...running it though your dishwasher is fine. The bad part is having electricity running though it when it is still wet. So make sure it is dry.

Did you know that most electronic repair shops usually run the parts though the dishwasher. Radio, voltmeters, computer motherboards, but nothing with a capacitor. I use to work at calibrating house they did it all the time. It freaked me out the first time I seen it.

Also it works great with remote controls. Take the battery out, disassemble it and run it though the dishwasher. I have a little basket for little items that is perfect for sticking in these disassembled parts.

Back
Top Bottom