XP Home/Professional Problem...

ImDBatty1

Beta member
okay, so here's the short version as to what's up... my boss asked me on Monday what I wanted for Christmas, I told her I wanted a harddrive, because the one that I have at home was nearly full... hoping she'd go out and spend the money and give me a brand new one... so she went to the stock room, and gave me a 20gb harddrive, and asked me to come up with a better gift idea, and handed me the 20gb harddrive... and against my better judgement, I installed the 20gb harddrive onto my computer as a Slave and my old harddrive as Master... when I went to bootup my computer, it read that the Slave drive had XP Professional, with a network password required login, on it... and I'm running XP Home Edition on my home computer... so I deleted the XP Professional off of the 20gb harddrive, and went to bootup my computer, and it said my XP Home Edition startup file was currupt... so now my computer won't start, and I am trying to find a way to fix it short of putting in the XP Home Edition CD into my computer... (mainly because I don't know where the CD is... or if that was one of the many things my former roommates stole off of me...) I'm extremely frusterated with myself for not trusting my better judgement... but does anyone happen to know of a way to fix this issue? the 20gb harddrive is completely wiped, and my harddrive I had, is not loading correctly... is there a problem in the BIOS? it's my understanding that the computer now thinks because it had XP Pro in it, it doesn't want to "downgrade" to Home Edition... can ANYONE help? please? ^v^batty

Hello
U need to reformat the slave go to my computer right click and click format!

great idea... but I don't think that's going to solve my problem... see, the slave drive is now completely disconnected (even thou it's completely reformated) and now my old drive won't boot up at all... ^v^batty

every boot disk I found on the internet, says it's small enough to fit on a floppy disk, I then save the file to a disk, and it gets to 99% and it doesn't fit... I did finally end up fixing the problem thou, and I wanted to say thank you to those that heped... ^v^batty

Back
Top Bottom