Hardrive

FuRgy

BSOD
I hooked a hardrive up (slave) to my computer....It recognises it when the computer boots up in the bios. But not in "my computer"

How do I find it?

If the drive isn't formatted it will not show up. In xp go to start, right click my computer. Go to manage, computer management will launch. Go to disk management. Find the hdd listed as unallocated, and right click this drive....format.

Now I'm pretty confused :confused:

Sometimes when I restart the computer it detects the hardrive, Sometimes when I restart it, It doesn't!!! I mean in the bios. Im confused Please help!!

Well in one word they are crap. And they are not worth using at all a specially now that we have XP. If you don't like XP then use Windwos 98SE far more superior to ME

I never knew about the manage utility. I'm gonna have to fool around with it when I'm bored someday..

lol, i always thought that when you turned your computer on it finds the hard drive and adds it, on mine i go to control panel and click add new hard ware, then it will search and should find the hard drive but im not sure lol

Back
Top Bottom