Overclocking questions plus some random ones

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
One, how do you overclock and what is the benefits of doing it/what does it do.

2nd, which is random since i didnt want to make another new thread, is, how do you find out if your motherboard supports a certain graphics card? I just ordered one and itll be here shortly and i was wondering that if the mobo has an agp slot that the graphics card fits into, that the motherboard pretty much already supports it or not. my mobo is whichever comes stock on a gateway eg-4000. mine is not a half case it is a full case, got it quite a while ago and i love it so im upgrading it instead of buying a new one in case you were wonderign.

Overclocking is making your computer's processer process at a higher frequency. You can change a 1.2 Ghz computer into a 1.3 Ghz computer and so on. Overclocking is usually done by changing the jumper settings on your motherboard that regulate the clock speed of your CPU. If you have an overclocking friendly motherboard, you may be able to do it directly from your BIOS. Be very careful you WRITE down the settings before you try it. Check your motherboard's manual for more info on which jumpers to change and what the multipliers are and such. (you can usually download a copy of the manual from the motherboard company's website). If your computer experiences frequent random reboots or shutdowns after you try overclocking, you tried to raise your CPU speed too high, so lower it a bit. The cooler your processor is kept, the higher you may be able to overclock your system. Some people use massive heatsinks, multiple fans, or even water cooling to accomplish lower temperatures. It's a fun hobby. Hope this helps.

Ok I read wat you just said and i know my motherboard company and what type it is its EliteGroup K7S5A but the thing is i went to the website to download it and it shows different K7S5A ill name some and i dont know which one is mine:

K7S5A 1.X/1.0
K7S5A 3.X/3.1
K7S5A 3.X/3.1
K7S5A+ 1.0/1.0
K7S5A Pro 5.0/5.0

I dont have a clue which is mine. Help me out please.

lol g thts very hard, anyway rite open your pc up look at the mobo and then swicth your pc on go to google then type all of them in and c which one look the same (mobo=motherbor'd)

Back
Top Bottom