Advertising in games, Good or BAD???

you mean actual advertising IN the game?
ah that would be weird, but i guess there are already some games that do it

To be honest, speaking from an economic standpoint, if they did advertise in their games, I doubt they'd actually lower their price. The current price for a new video / PC game is pretty standard, and after millions in marketing dollars, they've figured out the price equalibrium somewhere around $50 for a well designed, professionally created new game. If they were to advertise, we may see the quality of the games rise, but we'd likely not see a dip in price.

Advertising is wrong in so many ways anyway. Advertising in Games... would just lower the fun of the game; as most advertisements are annoying.

<<< Moved to Social Lounge >>>

Well, the advertizement of rockstar in GTA is accualy funny and good, I have absolutely nothing against it.

Yeah I agree with you there it's really good Hey rakedog I just noticed congratulations on hitting the 1000 mark

In Max Payne 2 I think (thats a very big I think). There is a large Nvidia logo plastered on a wall. I personally think that adverstising in games can help boost realism. Alot of racing games also advertise, especially now with the likes of Need for Speed Underground duo, which not only advertise cars and things but also things like stereo systems etc.

Advertising in violent movies is pretty big (Swordfish- Heinekin beer etc.) so i dont see the problem with advertising in violent video games. Well thats my two cents anyway.

Back
Top Bottom