*Help*How do i delete my whole hard drive?

I.N.F.O.

Solid State Member
this comp is very bad...runs slow...maybe even have some spyware or viruses that i am unaware of....also this hard drive is new...but most of it is used up...and i wanted to know if there is a way to delete every single thing off the drive, without worrying about any viruses sneaking into my new computer??

Yeah, You want to reformat....

What OS are you using?

Also, If you format you will want to save all your files (Photo's and stuff) onto a CD-R so you can put them back on the computer after you've formatted.

Formatting will get rids of any viruses and spyware you have :D

You should format your Hard Drive but be aware if you back things up on cd's you might back up viruses aswell and will end up reentering them on to your computer when put those files back in your pc

Do all your updates after the reinstall behind a router, or a protected computer or you will have viruses before you can get the updates done again..

ok i'll probably back up some files and then reformatting...

but i have one more quick question...the computer before this one...had virus on it, and i got someone to fix my computer and he end up having to delete everything on my computer to get rid of it...he did it from the boot screen. So what i want to know, does anyone know the command to do a full erase on the computer??? cuz im going to give this computer to my dad, and then he can start fresh and dont have to put up with the bullshitl i put up with now...

Back
Top Bottom