Computer Power Problem... (Not sure if this belongs here.)

Ashriel

Beta member
My computer recently (last weekend) decided it wanted to be mean or something. And well, the summary of it all is, now my computer won't turn on, and I have no reason why. It started last saturday morning, went to bed the night before and no problems, but once I went to turn it on in the morning I got nothing. So I fooled with the cords. Looking through the manual, searched the internet. And nothing happened. Then, later that night while I was occupying myself with the ps2 the thing just randomly boots back up and it's like it's fine again. So I try shutting it down, and then booting it back up and it works. I thought my troubles were over. Next morning same problem. I eventually got it to turn on a few more times. And well, now it doesn't turn on at all. I've checked all the cords. My surge protector's working. My monitor works. And I'm pretty sure my PC is getting power because there's a little green light on inside of it when I turn the power supply on. So I don't get why it's not working. I've gotten down to wondering if there's maybe something possibly wrong with the friggin' button. But I'm really not knowledgeable in these sorts of things. So I was wondering if anyone here could have some advice or ideas or solutions. Any help's greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like a power spike but it could be the button. It's happend to me as well with my old computer where it turned it's self on plus sometimes it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button I had pull out the power cable from behind and as I would put it back in jigel it about till it turned on I concluded the psu had a faulty connection somewhere and it didn't conect with the button properly what brand is it?

Morpheus said:
Sounds like a power spike but it could be the button. It's happend to me as well with my old computer where it turned it's self on plus sometimes it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button I had pull out the power cable from behind and as I would put it back in jigel it about till it turned on I concluded the psu had a faulty connection somewhere and it didn't conect with the button properly what brand is it?

The PC? Dell, I guess.

Yah, could be that or her power button is getting stuck when it's pushed...try cleaning it.

If you do manage to get it booted to windows, check in the devise manager to see if their is a conflict somewhere.

if all the wires are fine, could be that the ram stik(s) are loose, or the IDE cable that connects from the hhd to the mobo (mother board) is loose.

can you get to bios ? by pressing the f2 or f8 key, after yer comp. logo disapears. To see if the settings are correct.

Tried cleaning the button. And haven't had any luck getting the thing to turn on again. Guess I'm going to have to resort to paying someone to do it. -.-

its more than likely the psu. the best way to confirm this is to find where the power button connects to the board, pull the connecter off and use a screwdriver to jump across the two pins. if it still doesn't fire up, buy yourself a psu, and voila....

Back
Top Bottom