Should Microsoft open their source code so that any programmer see if their are bugs

Re: Should Microsoft open their source code so that any programmer see if their are bugs

lol
bit would mean alot more piracy and alot of profit loss

Re: Should Microsoft open their source code so that any programmer see if their are bugs

Yeah but it would be the ultimate OS plus look at Linux I haven't heard anything about piracy from them.

but the attitude of many linux software progammers is they dotn amke money, so thier not motivated to continue. and since you dotn have support, and youre forced to ask other people and wait around a long time for replies and people "do it on thier own time" and mostly do it as a "spare time" thing and aren't dedicated to it it still isnt very good for enterprise usage.

becuase lots of teh time devs quit becuse personal issues and then they stop thier projects. and what's worse is they wont let anyone else take over lots of the time. they often have bad attitudes. thats why I dont go for apps made by individuals. and also opensource+that is not very good.

thats mostly from an enterprise perspective, where a finacial issue is more revalant/it has more impact.

Nother thing that ticks me off is the devs get too personal. liek we need to see baby pictures and dog photos on a software site. really. lots of teh time there's more info bout thier family then their is on his software! and often times its harder to get striaght forward answers becuase everyone there at that site has agendas and often gets shaky.

too much crap involved. OS isnt a bad thing but it often gets too out of hand and not controlled enough for a coroporation to rely on it.

and lots of the time also it impacts the economy.

lots of people are prone to it. they lose thier jobs since more people get the free thing and then that company goes down. people loose jobs, etc.

and also since its free quality is reduced as said above.

and being against software patents inst a good thing.

would you like soemone else stealing your hard worked on software project?? would you want to lose money and your life over it???

take it from your perspective and think that others will loose money and end up on the streets or on welfare or whatever becuse people just stole your software idea that you were making or could have made ltos of money on and you lost it due to the desiions of those morons who support "freedom" ha! what freedom is thier into looseing orginatly of a software product! freedom to go broke, loose a family or relationship? freedom to jsut take soemone original idea they worked very hard on. I don't think so.

so supporting the removal of spftware patents is a very bad thign that will greatly affect the computing worlld and the rest of it all together!

so please dotn give into torvalds sweet talk about "open ness" ha!

I'm a big fan of open source and Linux...Never touching IE again. Mozilla all the way.

However, releasing the source of windows would be just plain stupid. First off, thousands of loopholes would be discovered, destroying what little security windows has. It would be a disaster for the majority of the world, who so whole-heartedly rely on the system. Releasing the code would mean pretty much no more safe computing for 90% of the world, at least for a year or two. For microsoft, it would spell disaster. Not that I care about what happens to microsoft, but out of the sympothy for those who would get their computer fucked up, i think it would be a bad decision.

yess very

wow, very good point crazyman...

Well first of all who said anything about releasing the code all at the same time second company servers use unix or Linux wich is open source do you see them having security problems noooooooooo. As for the disaster your talking about if they do things right (wich they never do) nobody would loose their job plus nobody steals ideas because they retaine the rights of the work then somebody comes along and expands on that and so on. I don't know where you came up with that but you must not of understood how linux programmers work.

well lots of tehm are snaeky though.

A from your answer I see i've gotte my point throw to you. I'm not naive I know open source is a tricky busines but if they are carefull I think they can pull it off.

i still dont liek it much though

Back
Top Bottom