Why did TrueCrime:SOLA get such a bad rap?(no pun intended)

NVIDIAGAMER1

Baseband Member
Why, why oh why, did True Crime get such a bad review on the pc? Though I couldn't turn on 4x AA and still retain speed, 10x7 works fine, and the game is hilariously fun. The fighting is action packed, the driving is GTAIII Fun-ness...and the shooting is tough. I loved it! (Before my CPU fried) So everyone, give the poor game a chance, Please!

I never played the game so I cant really comment. But I have heard from people that play it that it was ok. Nothing really that great. Besides a lot of game reviewers are not going to score it as high because they feel it is a huge ripoff from the GTA series. Which I think that it is.

Well, it kinda was a GTA ripoff, but still, the fighting system was unique compared to the standard GTA baseball bat/fist fighting. You actually have to punch OR kick. A large leap for the peeps at Rockstar Games.

NVIDIAGAMER said:
Well, it kinda was a GTA ripoff, but still, the fighting system was unique compared to the standard GTA baseball bat/fist fighting. You actually have to punch OR kick. A large leap for the peeps at Rockstar Games.

Rockstar did not make True Crime if that is what you meant by your last statement. Activision made it if I am not mistaken.

If you havent had a chance to take a look at GTA:SA the fighting system in that has changed a little. You can actually train and learn different moves and styles of fighting.

Pick the sentence apart, i know that True Crime was made by Activision and Luxoflux. Thanks. I haven't seen GTA:SA yet because I'm a cheap-o and i buy games that are less than 50 dollars. That's pretty sad, when Activision and Luxoflux beat someone like Rockstar to the punch with the whole "learning moves" style. And shooting in cars? I believe that concept was included in GTAIII, but was mastered later in True Crime. When you hold down LeftClick, it slows down time and lets you aim, not just shoot out of the left or right side (wowsers!). Yes, i love GTAIII, I own it and I've played it alot, but True Crime just seems so much deeper, with the whole "solve random crimes while joyriding". It's just good ol' fashion fun.

PS: When I said "A big leap for the peeps at rockstar games" I meant "Why didn't they pioneer the idea when they had the perfect chance?"

If you played Vice City you will see that the drive by element in the game was just fine. The slowing down time to better aim is a part in games that I personally hate. The bullet time thing is something that is so over-done now it is pretty much in every action game. You should take some time and rent GTA:SA as the gameplay is better IMO then any of the other GTA games. The story line is not as good but just the pure size of the game is mind blowing.

Oh and I agree that Rockstart should have come up with the different fighting techniques a long time ago. I think their thing was they wanted to focus more on the shooting and driving aspects of the game.

I wouldn't say It's bullet time, as much of it being "aiming time". I believe that yes, if you were actually aiming in the real world to shoot a basketball fan (and shoot them i would.) it would be must faster and more accurate than aiming with a mouse. This creates, not so much a cheating element like "Enter the Matrix" as much as it does a more precision element.

BTW that matrix game is a flop and so is the series. it got stupid and overdone. and way too many damb flaws and easter eggs!!! :D

Yes, ETM was a big flop, i only bought it at Wally World (Wal-Mart for the non-l33t) because i played it on Gamecube and thought it was muy fun (kind of easy) but still muy muy fun-o.

Back
Top Bottom