Blue Screen Error when Installing Win XP

dabomb7612

Solid State Member
I built a brand new COmp, and I am Trying to Install Windows XP. I keep Getting the Blue Screen error

0x0000000A (0x005088c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000. 0x80700505)

Does anyone know what those specific parameters mean?

is your computer a compaq? or is your windows xp, (god forbid), copied from a friend, or not bought from a store.

if it is a compaq, most compaqs will not support windows xp, and will just shut the operating system down. i have found this out through personal experince and hours on the phone with compaq. i now only use this gateway im typing to you on i got so fed up with compaq :-d.

if its a copy or illegal, then windows xp really has started cracking down on illegal software. they will shutdown the OS remotly if they detect (and theirs about a 85%-90% chance they will). Also i've heard rumors that sometimes when this happens other parts of your computer may go/brake too when this happens. Don't know why but it happend to two of my friends.

NO it is a legal version, and my computer is a custom built by myself, but i think its a hardware problem and i though that message would say which this was the problem

i have exact same problem, i'm gettin a pro to come and look at mine, i have a feelin my hrad drive is crapped up and gone corrupt!!!!! i get the same errors!!

Stick with ME or 98, ME has bad reputation but in my opinion it's a lot stable than XP :D

Are you kidding ME is a load of crap a car with no suspension is more stable than ME.

Back
Top Bottom