Physical Memory dump HELP!!!

LunchBox1

Solid State Member
OK i just put together my new Computer its an Athlon64 With a K8t Neo motherboard 512 meg Ram 250gig Harddrive and nvidia 5300 pci vid card. Every thing works ok but when i log into FFXI it plays for 5 seconds then a blue screen pops up gives error and says Begining Physical Memory Dump. I've updated my BIOS and my Vid Drivers but it still crashes and i cant figure this out can you guys help me out??

O_O i play ffxi also!!! we must play if we can, uhhh try pushing in the RAM maybee that orrrrr..... wow... i hear this problem befor but i forgot what it was!!! just make sure ur ram is in right... lemme check it up

I have Xp pro on the system, Ive tryed moving the ram and it still gives me that error. I'm sure its in all the way cause i can play all my other games on it. Ive looked all over the net and on Midrosoft websit and nothing has changed it... Could it just be the vid card since its PCI and not AGP?

I just started having that same problem. turns out the memory I bought was in a box labled pc2100 but ended up actually being pc2700. I already have one stick installed of pc2100 and it crashed when combined with the 2700.

check all the labels on your memory sticks to make sure they are the same speeds and that your motherboard supports the type of memory you have installed.

they don't have to be the same speed, just compatable.... but wow that sucks, i bet you tried re installing alrdy, the only thing i can think of now, is reformatting! yes sucks but thats all i can think of

Well i dont think i should format since i have a 250 gig HD and tha takes forever and i only have one stick of pc400..... I think it may be my PCI VID card not sure still

Well, I just had the same issue a few days ago. Everytime I try to play a game, the computer restarts automatically. I turned off the restart feature and received a blue screen.

I fixed my problem by installing the winxp service pack 1. Try installing SP1 or SP2 and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom