Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakedog said:
Yes, that is true. In fact, the amazon rainforest produces so much medicine and herbal products, I have heard that up they can make up to 300% more money per acre with that, instead of cutting down the wood. And the best part is that it regenerates every year. Plus, they then use the land for grazing, but amazonian rain contains some acid that is normally obsorbed by trees. This means that the soil washes out and the land becomes desert. Quite sad...

They have the wrong kind of economic programme and it is part of my beliefs. I do not believe what they are doing is economically stable. There economy is a disaster.

That may be true, but can you provide me with some links?

http://springfield.news-leader.com/opinions/ozarksvoices/0423-Bushspolic-69732.html

"Earth Day is a good time to cut through all the rhetoric and look at the facts of President Bush's environmental policies. The administration has a solid record on the environment and believes in sensible policies that protect the environment yet allow productive enterprises to flourish.

Here in southwest Missouri, farmers like myself are benefiting from this president's policies. The 2002 farm bill enhances conservation and environmental stewardship. Funding has nearly doubled on these programs since Bush took office. The bill's conservation programs provide up to $38 billion over a decade to restore millions of acres of wetlands, protect habitats, conserve water, and improve streams and rivers near working farms and ranches.

It should be pointed out that at the same time conservation efforts have made an enormous jump, this administration's trade and economic policies have resulted in the highest Agriculture Price Index ever recorded.

Since taking office, the president has committed nearly $3 billion to not only address the $4.9 billion in maintenance backlogs at national parks, but also to preserve park resources.

Another key piece of President Bush's environmental policy deals with improving air quality. The Clean Skies Initiative calls for decreasing power plants' emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides and mercury by 70 percent. This historic proposal will bring cleaner air to Americans faster, more reliably and cost effectively than under current law.

Meanwhile, John Kerry continues to talk a good game when it comes to the environment, but like almost everything else, what he says and what he does just don't match up. For example, Kerry says we need to invest in renewable energy, but he won't support a Cape wind farm project even though Greenpeace is begging him to. Turns out Kerry and many other upscale homeowners object to the project, claiming the 130 turbines would mar ocean vistas and harm property values.

You will hear a lot of rhetoric between now and November about President Bush's environmental record. Just remember, the truth is he has accomplished quite a bit, and he will continue to push for common sense policies to protect the environment.

Morris Westfall, Halfway, is a former Missouri state senator."

I might have been wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure i did read that in scientific american. Can you give me a link?

Can you support yourself for once?

It's a matter of opinion on if it it okay to drill in arctic refuge or not. There is life there, it wouldn't be a refuge otherwise. On a scale of how much and weather or not it would be okay to destroy it is a matter of opinion. Let's not waste our time arguing about that.

Much of it doesn't have life. It is a barren wasteland. That is what it is. There is nothing for a lot of it.

alvino said:
Well even if other peoples opinions are wrong, you dont have to contradict them or say that theyre "talking crap". You may be an expert, but as much as i hate to admit it you are kinda rude to others.... You really are good at debating but even the people debating have to have a level of respect for their opponents, but you havent really showed any......maybe thats why everyone doesn't give you the respect that i think you really deserve...

I think you are lying. I do respect opinions here. I'm going to attack people if they speak lies about the President. He is the leader of the country. You should really think before say something. It often helps.

Giancarlo said:
I think you are lying. I do respect opinions here. I'm going to attack people if they speak lies about the President. He is the leader of the country. You should really think before say something. It often helps.

Well I think you are lying. You dont respect others opinions. You only respect the people that agree with you. You attack the people that have different opinions about Bush, other than you. If they really are lies then just ignore them. Its their opinion, and yours is an opinion too. Altho its a really well formed opinion, its still an opinion.

Giancarlo said:
You should really think before say something. It often helps.
Well you should think about how others feel before you start calling them idiots or dolts just cuz they form different opinions. That helps too.

Giancarlo said:
I do respect opinions here.
Well if you do respect opinions, then start showing it. Cuz in all of your 408 posts here at CF I havent seen a single bit of respect towards other peoples opinions out of you.

alvino said:
Well I think you are lying. You dont respect others opinions. You only respect the people that agree with you. You attack the people that have different opinions about Bush, other than you. If they really are lies then just ignore them. Its their opinion, and yours is an opinion too. Altho its a really well formed opinion, its still an opinion.

You can stop lying about me. I do respect other opinions but I'm going to attack people who attack the president with falsehoods as you are doing.

Well if you do respect opinions, then start showing it. Cuz in all of your 408 posts here at CF I havent seen a single bit of respect towards other peoples opinions out of you.

Oh give me a break. You don't know what you are talking about. I have given plenty of respect to people here. Your time here has been a worthless one.

Giancarlo said:
You can stop lying about me. I do respect other opinions but I'm going to attack people who attack the president with falsehoods as you are doing.

Since when was I attacking the president?!?! If you would actually read my posts in this thread, NONE of them have attacked the president in anyway.

Giancarlo said:
Oh give me a break. You don't know what you are talking about. I have given plenty of respect to people here. Your time here has been a worthless one.

HAH! Ask anyone here if youve been respectful of others opinions. Even ask the Mods! You may be able to back your points and facts, but youre pretty weak when it comes to backing your "respect" towards others.

And since youve showed that you dont know what an opinion is....
Main Entry: opin·ion
Pronunciation: &-'pin-y&n
Function: noun
1 a : a belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a formal expression of a judgment or appraisal by an expert —see also opinion testimony at TESTIMONY —compare FACT
2 a : advice or evaluation regarding the legal issues involved in a situation given by an attorney to a client <an opinion of title> called also legal opinion —see also opinion letter at LETTER 1 b : an advisory opinion issued by an authorized public official (as an attorney general) or a recognized body (as the American Bar Association)
3 a : the formal written expression by a court or judge of the reasons and principles of law upon which the decision in a case is based —compare HOLDING, JUDGMENT, RULING
Or if you need more on it.... http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion

alvino said:
Since when was I attacking the president?!?! If you would actually read my posts in this thread, NONE of them have attacked the president in anyway.

You've been attacking America all the time. You are so far to the left, people just don't pay attention to it anymore.

HAH! Ask anyone here if youve been respectful of others opinions. Even ask the Mods! You may be able to back your points and facts, but youre pretty weak when it comes to backing your "respect" towards others.

You are dead wrong. You need to grow up.

And since youve showed that you dont know what an opinion is....]

You sir are an idiot. I very well know what an opinion is.

Giancarlo said:
You've been attacking America all the time. You are so far to the left, people just don't pay attention to it anymore.

If I have been attacking America, show some proof. Back yourself up like you always do.

Giancarlo said:
You are dead wrong. You need to grow up.

Oh come on, you can better than saying that im "wrong", or that I need to grow up...:rolleyes:

Giancarlo said:
You sir are an idiot. I very well know what an opinion is.

Dont call me an idiot. I wouldnt know if you know what an opinion is if you dont show it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom