Heat problem...

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I currently use a Slot1 PentiumIII/733MHz for my video editing. The processor has no fan on it(never did, it got cooled by the power supply in it's original computer) I cannot get the heat sink off to add a better one :( I tried just using zip ties and getting a fan on there, but it still gets up to about 123-129 no prob.

What's really odd is I've used this computer for a while, and it never gave me any problems. Then one day I tried to render something and an alarm went off. I checked it out in the bios and my processor was running 136* at the time, alarm set at 140!

I know getting a new computer would help if I got a good HS and all, but i'm trying to just go cheap for now...this thing works great for what I do.

Well you definetly need to change your heatsink and if you don't add a fan it will eventually bunout

Did the computer act up at all? 140 isn't that bad really, I mean the cooler the better, but won't hurt anything.....

I want to replace the HS, but I don't know how! Unlike my other one, this one has no pin or anything that just pops off. I guess you have to pull it out? I'm just afraid I'm going to break something, like the processor itself! I have a good fan on it now(what I used on my 1.4GHz once) but it's STILL hot...

Um...140 is rather hot...hot enough for the alarm to be set to this :p *shrugs* But no, it's worked fine...well the comp. I've had the harddrives act up a couple times, but I think opening the case fixed that...

Back
Top Bottom