Toshiba or HP???

I had an HP and I had no problems with the hardware. I just thought it was dirt slow for being a 2.4GHz intel pentuim 4 so I sold it. My room mate has a toshiba and I don't care for the aesthetics. He bought the lower model and it just doesn't look finished. You know in a car you buy the lower model and you see fillers for the bottons for the top models. i.e. you buy a two wheel drive truck and where the buttons for the shift on fly, four wheel drive model they are filled in with plastic to match the interior. That is how that laptop seemed. It seemed like it wasn't done with all these fillers over it. Also most notebooks are internally the same. There are only a few manufacturs that make the motherboards for them.. There was an article on theinquirer.net about it a few months ago.

I've never had good luck with HP or compaq desktops, so I have a thing aginst them... My parents, grandparents, and brother have all had HPs or Compaqs and all had problems with them. Dad actually has a fairly new HP lappy(850MHz) and the screen was giving him all grades of problems.

From what i hear, Toshiba builds some of the best products around. I know I used to have a PDA by them and it seemed very stable. Why don't I have it anymore...battery life! It was crap compaired to my current Axim(who's quality is crap compaired to the Toshiba ;P)

I don't know if the batteries are as bad in their laptops as they are in their PDAs, but I'd definetly go with a Toshiba.

i would go with hp. my dad bought a toshiba lappy and had quite a few problems with it, but then returned it and got an hp and had no problems.
i also have worked with a few compaq/hp desktops and a a laptop with no problems.

I would go for the Toshiba because the have better screens plus it depends what you are doing with your laptop.

What I plan on doing is playing a few games (Doom 3, Half Life 2), but mostly video/photo editing. I can customize them to have the same specs, but the HP costs less.

Back
Top Bottom