Computer Not Turning ON

ksb007

Baseband Member
Bad storm rolled through, electricity sparked, computer never turned back on. Checked power supply and tried different one, didn't work. Tried removing some hardware, i.e. hard drives, floppy drives; didn't work. Finally tried checking processor to see if burned up, processor chip was fine, but I have a chip right next to it, that has a heatsink with no fan on top and when I removed the heatsink there was a black ring where the heatsing sat. Does anyone have any idea what chip this is. I don't wan't to have to replace the whole motherboard if I can just replace this chip. It is a chip that looks just like the processor, just a little smaller in area.

Thanks

It sounds like an IC intergrated chip what's your motherboard look in your motherboard handbook it should be in there

I had a similiar problem to this a few months ago and tried everything as you are. I found it to be the On/Off switch on the front of the tower. I replaced it and the computer has been working good since then, goodluck

Yeah, i thought it might be that as well so I replaced the switch, didn't work. Thanks though..

Yeah, I thought it might possibly be a built in graphics processor, but not sure exactly

Isn't it the north bridge chip, that has a heatsink!!!! sounds like u fried it, i beleive u need a whole new mobo!!

Back
Top Bottom