PSU, Graphics Card, Mobos oh my!

I've heard bad things about the psu, I don't know for a fact though. Might want to research more first. Personally I'd buy a thermaltake or antec. Nice choice of video card btw,

I just bought that cheap peice of crap. Sorry, but I saw the picture on a website called frozenCPU.com and it looked awesome. I bought it home and hooked up. I came to hook up my SATA hard drives up with the power cable they provide and it broke. The little power clip that goes into the SATA is made of cheap, very hard, thin plastic so it snapped off. I was pretty bummed out about it. Also the cables are massively thick and don't bend very easy. The module design is neat since you don't have excess cables jammed in a drive bay. I would give it 3 stars out of 5. once I get my new processor I'll post on how stable it is.

Regaurding your mobo, it shouldn't be a problem. I think there is an industry standard on the constraints for the ATX power supply. If there wasn't there would be mad chaos. lol..

EE_RIT said:
I just bought that cheap peice of crap. Sorry, but I saw the picture on a website called frozenCPU.com and it looked awesome. I bought it home and hooked up. I came to hook up my SATA hard drives up with the power cable they provide and it broke. The little power clip that goes into the SATA is made of cheap, very hard, thin plastic so it snapped off. I was pretty bummed out about it. Also the cables are massively thick and don't bend very easy. The module design is neat since you don't have excess cables jammed in a drive bay. I would give it 3 stars out of 5. once I get my new processor I'll post on how stable it is.

Regaurding your mobo, it shouldn't be a problem. I think there is an industry standard on the constraints for the ATX power supply. If there wasn't there would be mad chaos. lol..

Well at the present, i have a Enermax 350W power suppy, it hjas served me well for the past few years and i was considering getting another enermax. But Antec puts out good PSU's. But i saw this so i posted it. Does anyone know of good 500W power supplys that they actually have or worked with?

Morpheus said:
Try Antec they are pretty good

considering that, but if anyone can show me a good 500W power supply, i would be a pig in shit

True550 EPS12v
SKU:20551

Award-Winning TruePower Performance for Critical EPS12V Server-Based Systems

PC enthusiasts and reviewers agree: TruePower is Antec's most advanced line of PC power supplies, with over 20 worldwide Editor's Choice or "Best Buy" awards and counting. And now TruePower is available in an EPS12V version for servers.

What is EPS12V? EPS12V is a special, non-ATX standard adopted by the Server System Infrastructure (SSI) group to provide a more powerful and stable environment for critical server-based systems and applications. EPS12V equipment is not compatible with standard ATX or ATX12V PCs found in homes and offices. Power supplies built to the EPS12V standard include a 24-pin motherboard power connector and an 8-pin +12V connector. However, since some server motherboards also use other connectors, TruePower 550EPS12V comes with 4-pin and 8-pin +12V and 6-pin Aux. power connectors for wide SSI / EPS12V motherboard compatibility and user versatility.

Specifications:

* Designed for compatibility with motherboards designed to the Server System Infrastructure (SSI) EPS12V spec.
* Dedicated output circuitry for each voltage output, overcomes the limitations of combined output of traditional design. Get all the power you need when you need it most.
* Voltage Feedback to maintain accurate voltage to all components: adds stability to your system
* Antec Low Noise Technology achieves the optimum balance between noise reduction and necessary cooling.
* Two double ball bearing fans.
* Gold plated connectors.
PRICE: $149.95

Or
TrueControl 550
SKU:20552

Use your power wisely.

Power is truly addictive. That's why TrueControl packs a whopping 550 watts, enough for even the most power-hungry user. But all that power demands an equally impressive degree of control. So we gave TrueControl an external control panel, which lets you ensure peak system performance by adjusting the main output voltages and fan settings. So get TrueControl. And use your power wisely.

Specifications:

* TrueControl control panel installs in 5.25" drive bay and still supports a 3.5" drive. Adjust voltage outputs and minimum fan speed from the front of your case.
* User-adjustable, individual dedicated circuits for main +3.3V, +5V, and +12V outputs.
* Dedicated output circuitry for each voltage output, overcomes the limitations of combined output of traditional design. Get all the power you need when you need it most.
* Voltage Feedback to maintain accurate voltage to all components: adds stability to your system
* Antec Low Noise Technology achieves the optimum balance between noise reduction and necessary cooling.
* ATX12V for AMD and Intel based systems including P4.
PRICE: $159.95

Morpheus said:
True550 EPS12v
SKU:20551

Award-Winning TruePower Performance for Critical EPS12V Server-Based Systems

PC enthusiasts and reviewers agree: TruePower is Antec's most advanced line of PC power supplies, with over 20 worldwide Editor's Choice or "Best Buy" awards and counting. And now TruePower is available in an EPS12V version for servers.

What is EPS12V? EPS12V is a special, non-ATX standard adopted by the Server System Infrastructure (SSI) group to provide a more powerful and stable environment for critical server-based systems and applications. EPS12V equipment is not compatible with standard ATX or ATX12V PCs found in homes and offices. Power supplies built to the EPS12V standard include a 24-pin motherboard power connector and an 8-pin +12V connector. However, since some server motherboards also use other connectors, TruePower 550EPS12V comes with 4-pin and 8-pin +12V and 6-pin Aux. power connectors for wide SSI / EPS12V motherboard compatibility and user versatility.

Specifications:

* Designed for compatibility with motherboards designed to the Server System Infrastructure (SSI) EPS12V spec.
PRICE: $149.95

Can you provide a link. Oh and will the 6800 be hindered by my MoBo(can't preform as well as it could?)

Back
Top Bottom