Creative Mp3 Player help

Kage

Golden Master
Hi there. I normally post in the computer forums section but need some help in another matter.

I want to get an mp3 player for christmas you see and i have done my research and came down to a couple! lol

*Creative Zen Xtra 30gig
*Creative Zen Touch 20gig

Now this is where my problems start, because I know the Zen Touch is better, but I am put off with one thing that i've read about:
and this is the battery!

The recharge capacity is fine on both, i'm not worried (I mean 20 hours is the amount people are getting on the Touch), its the fact that on the Creative Touch, does it have a removable battery? You might be thinking 'Big Deal' but to me it is since it makes it seem like they are not giving you a choice to keep forever what you paid for... (I know you can send it off but i've heard stories about Apple, and I would not really want to send my player off for a month or whatever anyway, just seems really evil lol...when you could just simply buy one :S)

I know the Creative Zen Xtra does have a replacable battery, but I am just asking if the Touch does since I would definetly go with that... i've heard that it dont tho, and i think this was a bad thing about I-Pods!!!

Also something that is really weird, even though the Touch is better is the fact that the Xtra contains an extra function, the DSP settings, allowing you to change the settings to add echos, and I really like this feature, does the Touch contain it?

Hope you can help
Kage

i dont think the Zen Touch has a removable battery...thats how its smaller. but the battery is way better than any ipods batteries tho...

Hi,

Thx for that alvino, thats all i wanted 2 kno :)

Its a shame really, i'd rather an mp3 player last me more than a few years before it'd be expected to be thrown away, which is really what they expect you to do...

I'll go with the Creative Zen Xtra then lol, dont really care if its a bit bigger!...

Thanks for you're help
Kage

One more question though

Why on the Touch have i heard there is no more Creative EAX? :( while there is on the Xtra? As this is a feature i would love to have as well as the EQ settings, it just adds effect (Plus i use it all the time on my soundcard)

Would they update this in a firmware? and when would they release one?

Thanks Again
Kage

Hi,

Its alright now lol

I've decided to go with the Creative Zen Xtra. its a bit bigger and heavier but i can live with that! Especially since its got 30gig and is about 20 quid cheaper than the Touch! That just seems to lower in functions to me, for what i want to do (The touch function even though functional, how long would that last in the real world being that it doesn't exactly use buttons to a circuit board? I'm going by the guarantee here, plus i really cant be bothered with the battery thing lol, i'd rahter like to think i have control of what happens to my products)

The Xtra will also allow a replacable battery so I could easily carry one, so I'd still end up with about 20 hours battery life as well :p (they say 14 on the Xtra, but i'd say in real world, about 10-12 hrs)

Thanks for you're Help
Kage

Back
Top Bottom