Spyware was another marketing ploy
a) to gather information from where you search and where you go
b) to advertise to you in hopes that you buy their product
c) they are very effective except that it has become too invasive

2) Pop ups
a) if you never see it then you will never remember it
b) they are very annoying but if you get it stuck in you head then you
are more willing to buy the product, such as x10

3) The ads are used that you remember that they are out there when you need their product or make you think about it a lot and buy their product.

To fight this:
Use Spybot Search and Destroy
Use Lavasoft's Adaware
Use a Firewall to prevent most from downloading, such as Sygate Personal Firewall for more flexibility

Note: An antivirus software is not going to do anything to Spyware or Adware. They specialty is only viruses.

The only reason that XP SP2 works is that they activated the firewall and security features. Panda may have anti-spyware or anti-adware but like I said. That is not their specialty.

My mom put and runs Ad-aware 6.0 on the computer a few months ago and runs it every night...

Is Ad-aware bad?

Thats one of the best one around I feel. I use it all the time at home on my pc and other pc's too.

ok ok ok ok, i think hes got the idear now gues, we dont want to blow his brain up now do we lmao :lol:

Yeah. I understand now. I was just making sure Ad-aware wasn't something I didn't want on me and my moms computer :)

lol no get rid of it its a virus and its the worst thing you can have on there, lol lol lmao jok,

naa its very good realy and nothing can beat it yet, ill be searching for a better one sone just you wate lol

Back
Top Bottom