Graphics Card

Giancarlo said:
Idiot, I'm not a fan boy of either. I'm just telling what is what. ATI is definitely inferior. The 9600xt in no way stands up to comparable Nvidia cards. Totally disappointed with the FX series? Really? When they are faster and batter then comparable ATI cards? My card defeats the 9800. Dude, the Nvidia counter part costs less.

you are just an ati-fanboy.

show me a nVidia fx card that cost $100 that can outperform a 9600xt??
i have seen 9800 pro's for like $160-$170. i don't think there is a FX card that costs that much and can beat out the 9800 pro's. now i am not saying that the nVidia cards suck (i always used to buy from nVidia), i am just saying that in price/performance ratio the 9600's & 9800's are a better buy then the nVidia counterparts... but the 6600gt is even better in price/performance (but thats not in the fx series)

Oh give me a break. There is plenty that can defeat the ATI 9600XT at that price. You have to do price hunting.. additionally, the FX series is faster, more stable and has better driver support. The price/performance ratio makes the FX series the better buy, not the other way around.

nah. ATI is nice with the cards man.

Giancarlo, lol????? Aren't you being a tad bit exaggerated? A waste of money? lol.

the x600 pro and below are a waste of money.

But Up till the 9800's, ATI is so nice. And x800's they're not too shabby.

Sure, Nvidia has the 6800 non-u which has yet to be matched by ATI, but besides that one deficit, ATI isn't far behind.

Many people compare the x800 pro and the 6800 Gt and say that the 6800 GT owns. Yea the Gt beats the ATI, but not by a hugeee amount. ALso, if u shop around correctly and get a x800 pro VIVO, then u got a X800 Xt on ur hands right there.

Furgy, get yourself a 5900xt or a 9800 pro. Or if your feeling really stingy and just want to be able to play the games at medium-to-low settings, get urself a nice old-school GF4 ti4200. The true, true old-class card which i love and treasure. The ti4200 gave me so much happiness. Ah, but i parted with it. But that card is very good. Better than the 5600.

Well I'll stick by my recommendations. But avoid GF4.. it is not a good investment. You want something cost effective but that lasts. Go with a DirectX 9 card. The Ti4200 better then FX5600? I kinda doubt that.

Its not really worth upgrading your card because the game developers should make games that should work with older cards. but game creators are cheap and expect everyone to have a new computer

Back
Top Bottom