More graphics card question

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I need to find out how to find out if my mobo has a AGP slot so i can install a nVidia GeForce 6800 graphics card on my computer.

also i wnted to know if its a decnt graphics card, im looking for the peformance of ati radeon 9600 graphics card, just that i can get the nVidia GeForce 6800 for cheaper.

Open up your case u have pci slots, they are usuall cream colour, A agp slot is a diff colour from the rest. mine is orange

i dont mean to be a bother but i tried that and i couldn't find it, i'd appreciate it if someone took a picture of a agp slot.

agp_slot.jpg

Also Your Motherboard might not have a AGP slot, Some crappy pre built computers dont, Also cheap Mobos with Onboard sometimes dont

ok thanks i got oen, i got an old computer, not a crappy one :-D.

how does this graphics card;
nVidia GeForce 6800

compare to graphics card like an ati radeon 9800? Im thinking of getting one of these nvidia's to play half life 2 and cs:source and other games to come in the future.

mayorredbeard said:
ok thanks i got oen, i got an old computer, not a crappy one :-D.

how does this graphics card;
nVidia GeForce 6800

compare to graphics card like an ati radeon 9800? Im thinking of getting one of these nvidia's to play half life 2 and cs:source and other games to come in the future.

the 6800 series is ALOT better then the 9800 series, but its also alot more expensive, but if you want a graphics card for HL2 & CS:S in particular then you are going to want a card made by ATI, because the source engine was made to run better with ATI cards.

a ATI 800xt (or any 800 card) is a good choice for HL2 if you have the money, and if not, you should go for a 9800 pro (256 bit)

Back
Top Bottom