New hardware from now to spring?

well will i think i'll be building together a whole new computer by the time 754 is outdated.

I have a new question, friend of mine says that for a gig of ram, it's BETTER to have 2 512 cards instead of one 1 gig card. I wouldn't mind going with the 2/512 option as long as there are 4 slots so i can upgrade to 2 gigs when i need to. But is this true?

yes you will get much less performance with most chipsets, with only one ram stick. Allways go with two.

iv got the nforce 2 mother board and that dam good, iv got my AMD 2600+ XP beta conected to it. with 512DDR 400Mhz ram in and a geforce 2 gfx card.

I really suggest getting the 754 socket right now. I know 939 has more options to upgrade, but there are some really good 754 cpu's out right now, I'm not sure they will be doing much with the socket in the future but, on the upside the 754 high-end cpu's should drop in price (as it seems they are doing already) from here on out. On the upside of 939, you can buy an awesome board for a little over $100.00 bucks and a 3200 winchester core for very reasonable. But if you need a meg of l2 cache now, they are a bit pricey.
Good luck with the server.

leave me out, ur too technical now boyo. ram a pole up ur ass, thats as technical as i get. lol lmao. :)

Back
Top Bottom