Which one?

moneyman1

In Runtime
Ok, which one?

Knowing that 2000 is "legit" and XP Pro is... not

What are advantages to 2000 over XP

And advantages to XP over 2000

Help would be nice. :D

2000 is less of a bugger and is cleaner and no nonsense and pastel ickiness of xp.... my freind dawn was scared of the colors she thought she saw a tellitubby!!! tol;d her to go back to classic mode and she liked it better!

My opinion:
XP is the most stable, and efficient OS Microsoft has made to date. Now, I'll admit it didn't start out this way, but right now I am extremely happy with xp. So, since we have the bugs good and worked out of XP, its about time to release longhorn right?
haha

longhorn's got worse problems and security holes as much or more than xp. got the same viruses and crap. its basically xp with a new shell with security taken out. and crap put in... did you see the fake device mgr they put in there... give me a break! ha ha!

also it has too much gawd and childish playtoys rather than having more tools we can actually use... not for napster-hyper-mp3-msn-tablet-geek wannabees!!!

not everyone wants these "cool toys" but rather want improved perfromance and flexabilty and stability, and less crap to slow us down...

has anyoen tried a seriosu game on it???

I have played unreal, half life, halo, and wolfenstien and they all crashed within 10 minutes. and aliens vs predator (not a very extreme game on sys-reqs) and it would fail to get past teh main menu without crashing.

all other games would die on me right after 10 minutes and I just got used to tehm and tehy die.

I have never installed it. I read some reviews on it. Basically I wasn't saying that since they have xp worked out they should start developing longhorn more, i just meant thats how it seem that they do. Takes 5 or 6 years to get an os stable, then they release another. Progress is great, but I just wish we could get a stable os out of microsoft before they start developing a new one.

XP bugs are not even 1/4th worked out! theres still virii going around. theres still people without internet connectivity with SP2 then having to reformat to go live again. Lots of trouble around SP2.

why coudltn they make a fix so explorer.exe file mgr is seperated from internet explorer and that would fix alot of trouble. and no it would not require a recode. it would jsut make your file manager different and also if they weren't intergrated it would be much better.

also people have lost wireless functionality cause it overrides the SSID values and also alot of the times kills wireless all together. I highly recommend you keep with your mfr's utility. much less of a hassle.

right, iv got bouth systems here and i say that 2000 is ugly crap non user friendly and a bugger to play with but basic and less crap and smaller on H/D size.

Xp is more styleish, more stable, more user friendly, nicer , takes up ruffly a Gig and i prefer it and u can hack/play with it more.

my option. Xp pro, not home thats just a pile of crap.

Back
Top Bottom