How do i become a Computer Programmer

Jinn

Beta member
hi guys

I am a n00b to computer programming and i have decided to learn, could someone please email me or post a reply to let me know where to start or if there is any software with tutorials on it and books and stuff.

I am currently studying a Masters degree in Aerospace and Astronautics systems engineering and i would love to have basic computer programming skills under my belt by the time i graduate.

Thanks in advance guys

Jinn

You should consider what aspect of programming you wish to learn. I think you should go to www.softpedia.com and get a programming tool called Leopard because it is a very simple programming language.

If you find this too easy, try QBASIC. Learning these simple languages will help you decide whether you want to continue programming or quit.

If you do decide to continue I suggest you try C++.

You can get lots of help on CF and you can go down to any major computer store (such as PC World) and get books about programming (I saw a 500 page book about programming 3D games, so if that is what you want to do then it may be the book for you). Also, there are lots of programs available that come with step by step guides that help you to learn the basics of that programming language in a certain amount of time. They usually start off with small, unrelated tasks and then build up to a level where you develop a complete program using all the skills you learned in previous excersises.

Good luck. :D

Thanx Denthúl

The thing is i think i will be more interested in the avionics programming and developing new software based around design and simulation, what do you think Denthúl?

I will give those links a try tho but let me know if there is a different course i should be headed for ok?

Thanx again

Well, before you can learn lauguages that will help you with that kind of software, you should try out easier ones, that will teach you the syntax and logic. Try out java for your first lauguage, it can undoubtfully be usefull for those projects you want, and it's a reletavly easy one to start off with.

Thanx Denthúl again

I will do that dude, Java u say?? well i will do my best iw ill let u know how i get on, are you a programmer??

Thanks

yea java is pretty cool
very good for learning object oriented programming
i use java all teh time :)

I got visual studio2003 from MS hehehe!! niice I get all kinds of neet stuff with technet plus!! its fun!

Back
Top Bottom