How?!?!?!?!?!

u can use winzip. thats the only way i know though. Wait for other people to reply.

Do not I repeat do not use winzip it is infirior to WINRAR if you want to compress files you that not winzip

WinZIP is free and is used within Windows itself. WinRAR is not supported by Windows. It is a program you need to buy. Plus RAR was originally used on Apples. And we are love Apple around here.

To get back to the original question...why do you want to compress a file?

Just make it smaller on your computer? If that is the case. Then use windows compress to achieve that goal. go to file, right mouse click on it, select properties, click on advanced, click on Compress contents to save disk space.

When you need to use and/or copy the file windows will uncompress it and automatically. Not recommended for commonly used files.

guess again don't mean to be a smart arss but you can download a trial version and then download a crack and it is a lot better than winzip wether it is supported by windows or not.

I do not support or use cracked, stolen, or any other way to obtain illegal software.

As for .zip vs. .rar, many people don't have .rar on their system so in general it is not the best way to compress a file for general use.

I will say this .rar could be the leader in compression tools, because it works across all platforms, i.e. Unix, Linux, Apple and Windows. It just hasn't been accepted as such as of yet. And since about 80% of all personal computers use Windows and more then half of those have Windows 2000 or newer .zip is built in to uncompress these files.

You can't compress pictures of your camping trip and e-mail it to mom, grandpa, aunt Jane and cousin Jed and expect everyone to uncompress it and view the pictures. With .zip files it is a no brainer, because .zip file are recognized by Windows and work seamlessly with Windows. Based on that I am going to say .zip files are better in 99% of the cases.

Back
Top Bottom