Graphics Card

i have a question, it seems the ati's are overpriced. and for somethign like you mentioned above like the 5600's and 5700's, and 6700's and 6800's graphics cards above, who makes those?

also would this be a good nvidia graphics card to run computer games like half life 2 and counter-strike source? and how would i find out or not if this graphics card is compatible with my cpu? I have a wrather old gateway eg-4000, so if anyone could tell me wether or not this is compatible with my cpu or not id appreciate it. here it is;

nVidia GeForce 6800 also the person im buying it off of called it a graphics accelerator.... is that the same thing as a graphics card?

nvidia makes the 5600's, 5700's and so on. To have the 6800 work on your comp, make sure that you have a good power supply and an AGP slot on your mobo. A graphics accelerator is the the same thing as a graphics card. And video card is the same thing too.

Hey I thought that Nvidia produced the best cards ever until I bought recently an ATI excalibur 9800 series 128mb Pro in it's category no Nvidia card can match it

quartz01 said:
EDIT: don't really too much on what dYLANo or Giancarlo said, as they are just being fanboys (no offence).. i used to think that Ati was inferior too, but i for the first time i got an ATi card (a 128mb 9600xt new for a $100(!!), because i was totally disappointed with the nVidia fx series) and these cards are POWERFUL sons on guns. the nVidia counter-part cost more money for the same performance (or even lesser)... however i will admit that i am having a wee bit of driver problems with certian WMP files..

Idiot, I'm not a fan boy of either. I'm just telling what is what. ATI is definitely inferior. The 9600xt in no way stands up to comparable Nvidia cards. Totally disappointed with the FX series? Really? When they are faster and batter then comparable ATI cards? My card defeats the 9800. Dude, the Nvidia counter part costs less.

you are just an ati-fanboy.

How is the ATI® MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 discrete w/ 128MB ? I am looking to buy a Toshiba, and this is the best I can customize with from their website. So is this a good card....?

Back
Top Bottom