Recent frequent power outages, now scan disk stops at phase 3

DJM1972

Baseband Member
First thing I thought was my hardrive was going so I ran the maxtor diagnostic and it passed the quick test and the thoural.
I tried running scan disk just before I posted this and it says the same thing "window was unable to complete the disk check.
Its a new hardrive just got it over the summer July or so.
When I anylize with defragmentor it say I do not need to defrag this drive. I think I'm going to run defrag any way to see if it loosense any cobwebs up. Any Ideas on this one :confused:
I'm not sure if I completely got the power outage problems fixed or not. I live in a moble home about 25 years old and who ever we bought this place off of really messed up the electical. :mad:
Wev'e been trying to figure out the electrical around here for 2 or 3 years now and we are starting to narrow it down to the electric box. Something seemed to be loose started to tighten some stuff up and now different thing are shutting off and staying on. Like you try to turn on the tv and everything would go out.
To get it to come back on you had to turn on the darn stove, very messed up. Don't worry about the electical problem i'll deal with that but help with the hard drive would be nice. Just ventin a little lol.
Mean while I'll prepare for a backup and a formatt thanks Laters

Never mind it seems ok now weird

Now when I tried to run defra. It told me it had to run scan disk so I rebooted. When it ran scan disk it said something about removing an entry or something. After window reboted I tried running scan disk again and it worked this time. Who knows thanks anyway.

Processes, I'm runing XP there are 36 processes running now. But like I said it seems fine now. Wait till I have another power outage hehe. Probably start all over till I get that proplem fixed. Junk lol

Well it could be because windows didn't shut down properle so i didn't save the information properle in the registery.

Back
Top Bottom