How to Overclock

Well lol you have no problems then in the heat side of things :) lol, and overclocking should not be a problem for you at all. Even if it doesn't get too hot though, i still wouldn't risk overclocking my CPU all that much....

The answer to how you oerclock is beyond me since I have never done it to my CPU. It is differnt to the makes. Some processors have some sort protecton so you can't opverclock without tampering, which can be done with a pencil with some... I'd make sure you get some good advice though abotu how to do it compltly before trying lol

Can anyone help about that?
Kage

rakedog said:
Kage, at 100 C, water boils......are you sure that's right? That's about 350 or 400 F.

didn't exactly say that, but yea, 100 C is a high number

BSOD said:
didn't exactly say that, but yea, 100 C is a high number

i overclocked to 2.9 and still stable. CPU temp varys from 93-96 Faherinhiet. Is that a good temp

i overclocked to 2.9 and still stable. CPU temp varys from 93-96 Faherinhiet. Is that a good temp EDIT now the temp has went down to 89. Plus i have something called Asus Probe recording the history of the temp of the CPU and MB

what cpu socket have u got and 50c is a good chance to keep it at a level, but say u overclocked to a 3.1 g id say may be it will stay around 35c to a 40c, get water cooling, and hook that baby to a CPU and then you can just OC it to a 3.3 and it will be 40c which mine has a amd athlon 2.2G IT WAS A AMD 64Bit 3000+ WHICH IS a standerd 2gig i overclocked it to a 2.2, IF it was a pentium it would be about a 3.3g somet like that, but december the 5th i am ordering a water cooling system which is 150 pound dont no in $ about $300 just say, any way make your pentuim worth living if you dont have any cash but if you wont to take the piss out off pentium send them a burnt PENTIUM and a fresh AMD lol. ONLY joking but 100c WOW your pc must live in some kind of ice machine who ever said get it to a 100c soomet like that (lol) what would it be a 10g bleeding CPU love to not.

100c is pretty high, the average of my PC overclocked is 35-40 degrees celsius

lol i was only sayin the averages froma few sites.. maybe a few wern't accurate enogh, or even got there celcius n farenheit mixed up lol...or even i did, i'm not sure. But I'm sure that CPU's can last quite a bit b4 they'l boil down lol. I know mine runs now at 50-56, and i know that when i get the new processor,i'll be recieving more like 60-70..

Kage

Kage said:
lol i was only sayin the averages froma few sites.. maybe a few wern't accurate enogh, or even got there celcius n farenheit mixed up lol...or even i did, i'm not sure. But I'm sure that CPU's can last quite a bit b4 they'l boil down lol. I know mine runs now at 50-56, and i know that when i get the new processor,i'll be recieving more like 60-70..

Kage

But mine i don't get, does anyone know the average temp for a Pentium 4 2.8ghz processor. It seems too low for how much i am overclocking it i mean, i went up from 2.8 to 3.3 for christs sake, and it looks like i can boost it up to 3.6 without the processor frying. The averae temp of my procesor must be low

I'd say you must have very good cooling, because you're average temp is really low! lol

I dont know much about overclocking in terms of processor though, but you should be able to, yes lol

Kage

Back
Top Bottom