fomated!

MrNick01

Baseband Member
crap! i formated my hard drive in quick mode. can you tell me if there is a program to restore my data?

Feel sorry for you, I'm pretty sure it's gone...gone forever...

Lol my bro once got a virus and had to format and lost all his MP3's he was well pissed

i was told that it was possible in theory:it has something to do with a second file allcocation table. i used quick mode, so the data should still be there, just marked as ready for use.

a quick format doesn't write over any files, nor does a full format. Thats why they make hdd security wipe utilities because a windows format doesn't delete them.

No formating will not delete your files but it creates a new file allocation table so basically you can't find your old data because the computer does not no where to look you would need a profesional program to find your data now.

Morpheus said:
No formating will not delete your files but it creates a new file allocation table so basically you can't find your old data because the computer does not no where to look you would need a profesional program to find your data now.

hey, but FAT32 is built on two or more file allocation tables. that means that there is still a chace for you to recover your data if you delete it from one table.

Yeah but you still need a suitable program to do that cause the computer will not do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom