Favorite Band

I'm disgusted by all the anti-government propaganda pumped into this music. It borderlines on anti-americanism.

But dont you guys realise thats whats punk is all about, fuckin anarchy. Punks are the people who rebel against the rules of conformity. NOFX arent anti-american because they are fighting a Tyrant, dont listen to NOFX or any real punk for that matter if you dont want to hear music that despises the american government, because thats what punk is anti-government, anti-rules, its been like that since the days of the Sex Pistols. How is it anti american for somebody in a democratic nation to use their rights of free speech to spread a message to the world.

You rule dude. However, I could really say the same about NOFX. It seems like (note I said seems, not fact here) they only got their "popularity" by being just another "we're cool cos we hate Bush" band jumping on the oh - so old bandwagon.

So what I think your trying to say is that NOFX are no better than Linkin Park, I might be wrong. If people think that NOFX have no musical stylings listen to El Hefe, his a music master, i dont know what he doesnt play. About the whole we hate bush stuff, they didnt jump on a bandwagon they basically are the bandwagon that everybodys jumping on, they are extremely active in not only trying to bring down a Tyrannical leader, but they are also out there trying to get young people to vote.

nofx said:
But dont you guys realise thats whats punk is all about, fuckin anarchy. Punks are the people who rebel against the rules of conformity. NOFX arent anti-american because they are fighting a Tyrant, dont listen to NOFX or any real punk for that matter if you dont want to hear music that despises the american government, because thats what punk is anti-government, anti-rules, its been like that since the days of the Sex Pistols. How is it anti american for somebody in a democratic nation to use their rights of free speech to spread a message to the world.

I'm pretty much into punk because of the beat. NOFX I was completely turned off. Fighting a tyrant? Fucking really? Do you know what tyranny really is? You don't. You don't have a frigging clue. Have you lived under a military government? I doubt it. I have. We in America have an extremely vast amount of freedoms. If the government was a true tyrany why would it let your bands voice their opinions? Tyranny my ass. I don't agree with the message of punk bands, but rhetoric can be anti-american like what Al Qaeda puts out. That's what it is about.

nofx said:
they basically are the bandwagon that everybodys jumping on, they are extremely active in not only trying to bring down a Tyrannical leader, but they are also out there trying to get young people to vote.

Tyrannical leader my ass. Give me a break dude. Read the crap your are posting. If anything this nation has a vast amount of freedoms. And Bush is NOT IN ANY WAY A TYRANT. He was elected by a majority. He received a mandate in 2004 and you are in extreme denial.

Giancarlo said:
Tyrannical leader my ass. Give me a break dude. Read the crap your are posting. If anything this nation has a vast amount of freedoms. And Bush is NOT IN ANY WAY A TYRANT. He was elected by a majority. He received a mandate in 2004 and you are in extreme denial.

OOO FUCKING RAH man. You kick ass man.

We in America have an extremely vast amount of freedoms. If the government was a true tyrany why would it let your bands voice their opinions?

Well actually when NOFXs "The War on Errorism" was released it was not allowed to be played on the airwaves. This of course was the work of the Republicans. I guess that answers your question.

nofx said:
Well actually when NOFXs "The War on Errorism" was released it was not allowed to be played on the airwaves. This of course was the work of the Republicans. I guess that answers your question.

This was not the work of republicans, dumbass. It was moreso in violation of federal standards. These federal standards were put into play by the Clinton White House. Some others were put in place during the 1940s. It has to do with respectability on the airwaves. You don't know a damn thing. And saying that the war on terrorism is wrong is the biggest piece of shit answer one could ever say.

If you want to continue to claim that we don't have more freedoms then Europe, please back up your claims because at it stands they are totally false.

You better back yourself up before you make half assed assumptions like "this was of course the work of the republicans". Kiss my rear end.

1st/ I never said the war on terrorism was wrong
2nd/I never said Europe has more freedom than America
3rd/Federal standards so that would be like national standards, okay whos running the county, the Republicans.
There you go nice and backed up.

Sheesh, calm down you guys..... Well i also hate how bands have a anti-american sentimenatlity too.... but you sometimes have to realize the mistakes our country has made also... and yes, the war on terrorism was a right thing to do (And we do have more freedoms than any country in the world... some of which are wrongly abused too).

Back
Top Bottom