Graphics Card

FuRgy

BSOD
I am a complete n00b at graphics card, I don't know anything

Is the NVidea Asus FX 5200 Better then a 3dfx voodoo3, And if so how much better....Is £40 a good price for it,

And the main question : What games will it play will t play oens like -

Max Payne 2
Hitman 2
Soldier of fortune 2
Need for speed underground
Need for slpeed hot pursuit 2

All these games are quite good so it should...

Should I buy it?

The 5200 is a light gamer. You may want to consider a minimum of the 5700 ultra for games like you are mentioning.

So the 5700 is good?? It costs £80, That's not bad, Will it play the games I mentioned properlewy, and maybe sum newer ones...

5700 ULTRA is a good choice and will play most games out right now. Of course you won't play them with all the settings up, and at full resolution. But then again you won't have to pay the cash either. The best options in my opinion now are the 6800's and the 6600's, if you have the cash that is.

what are the rest of your specs??? usually computers that came with 3dfx voodoo3 are preatty dated... anyways, 5200fx isn't even better then a ti4200. i was lucky enough to pick up a 9600xt for $100 (USD, duno how many pounds) which is a preatty sweat card. if you have the money, then get a 6600gt as they are the best price:performance card on the market right now

Im only a kid lol, I don't have much money :(

My other specs are -

AMD Athlon 800MHZ Proccessor
320 MB SDRAM
CD Burner
DVD Burner
Sound blaster Live! 1024
20GB Hardrive (Thinking of adding an 80 GB one)

Not too good...is it?

I do wanna upgrade as much as possible, Im thinkng about another hardrive, and bought a dvd burner recently,So now im thinking of grpahics card....I'll probably xhange the ram to 512MB of DDRAM as well....What do u think?

hmm, my favorite low budget cards that you get the most "bang outta your buck for" is probley a ti4200 (or a ti500, they are identical in benchmarks).Problem is though, neither of these cards are produced anymore and i would suggest looking on ebay for one. but i guess if you want full DX9.0 support then you could get a 5200 fx which only performs slightly worse then the ti4200/ti500 in benchmarks (i think.. someone correct me if i am wrong).

If you want to go super cheap though, i guess you could get a geforce4 mx400 new for as little as $35(!!) but those aren't good performs... at all

EDIT: don't really too much on what dYLANo or Giancarlo said, as they are just being fanboys (no offence).. i used to think that Ati was inferior too, but i for the first time i got an ATi card (a 128mb 9600xt new for a $100(!!), because i was totally disappointed with the nVidia fx series) and these cards are POWERFUL sons on guns. the nVidia counter-part cost more money for the same performance (or even lesser)... however i will admit that i am having a wee bit of driver problems with certian WMP files..

Back
Top Bottom