Question about 64 bit processors...

stupid question, but i have never bothered to educate myself on CPU's properly. Can a 64 bit CPU still support all of todays software (including reg win xp), or is it limited to a small selection made specifically for 64bit systems?

rakedog said:
stupid question, but i have never bothered to educate myself on CPU's properly. Can a 64 bit CPU still support all of todays software (including reg win xp), or is it limited to a small selection made specifically for 64bit systems?

there is no such thing as a stupid question. maybe he didnt know.... thats what this forums for...for people to ask noob questions and learn more about computers.

no no no, i meant that I was asking a stupid question, read the whole post. No no his question is totally understandable.

rakedog said:
no no no, i meant that I was asking a stupid question, read the whole post. No no his question is totally understandable.

oh sorry i misunderstood the comma after the "stupid question" part :)

One thing to remember HAX, its better to get a really fast desktop than a really fast laptop, you'll end up only having 1-2 hours of battery life if you supe up your laptop.

Back
Top Bottom