Pentium 5

Hey,

They were thinking of pushing the speeds up on the Pentium4 CPU's, but now they have stopped that.

What they are working on doing is their dual-core (and probably multi-core) CPU's, which will run extremely fast. However, I dont know what it will be called.

AMD is doing the same thing, but it is doing it differently to Intel. From what I have read, I thought AMD's way of doing it sounded a lot better, but I guess we will see.

They will take quite a while before they come out though. I would imagine late 2005 or even 2006.

Cheers,
Chris :)

hmm earlier than that. I think they come out Q1 of 2005.

The p5 should be out soon though since they just released on of the last p4's they are going to make.

Hi,

Yeah I expect the next bunch of processors to be very fast.

The processor being made for the playstation 3, codenamed cell, is built in a way that allows them all to talk together or something to produce power no one could ever imagine.
Lol have no idea how this would work but i'd expect this sort of technology to be in the next round of processors since clock speeds are being pushed for the way processors are being made.
That processor is being co-developed by Sony, Toshiba, and IBM!

So yuo never know what could be in store for us!!!

Kage

ohh no.. not toshiba! that company is very far behind!

..just gettign into DLP.. ha!

them making a processor.. riiiight...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hehehe well Ill have to test htis "pentium 5" or whatever. Ill post benchmarks as soon I can and well see if AMD will still win. AMD prolly most defiantly will still be my choice though not unless intel goes cheaper on price.

Kage said:
lol wel its true......

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-948493.html

check that out lol

Technology is always pushing computers far beyond what we imagined... or is it the other way round lol... Computers are pushing technology... lol :p might seem like both!

Kage

But that article was published on the 6th of August 2002. (YES... thats 2002).

The article also says "At this rate, commercial production of Cell could come as soon as the end of 2004". Its funny that I havent heard much of them coming out, and 2004 is soon to be over.

It also says "Ultimately, Cell will provide a "much more interactive way of delivering content, including advertising, sports and entertainment such as video,""
WOOHOO, can't wait for that interactive advertising haha.

Does anyone have any current articles on the "Cell"?? We all know that the computing world changes so rapidly. The Cell may have been completely scrapped by this stage, and they may be working on something else. Who knows whats happening??

Cheers,
Chris :)

I'm very into multi-tasking and they say get an Intel but i want an AMD mostly because in some cases they are cheaper does it matter which type Intel or AMD?

Back
Top Bottom