Favorite Band

nofx said:
can i point out that Linkin Park are a sucky ass band. None of them have any talent on instruments, thats why the take so long to switch between power-chords, the bass-lines are absolutley horrendous. They are just a boy band, trying to look like some kind of teeny bopper Rock/Punk band.

You rule dude. However, I could really say the same about NOFX. It seems like (note I said seems, not fact here) they only got their "popularity" by being just another "we're cool cos we hate Bush" band jumping on the oh - so old bandwagon. If NOFX is real punk, then punk really has gone down the drain dramatically.

*sigh* ... I miss the days of The Sex Pistols.

nofx said:
can i point out that Linkin Park are a sucky ass band. None of them have any talent on instruments, thats why the take so long to switch between power-chords, the bass-lines are absolutley horrendous. They are just a boy band, trying to look like some kind of teeny bopper Rock/Punk band.

If you want real punk try some; NOFX, Refused, Rancid, Lars Frederiksen and the bastards, Mad Caddies, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphies, The Casulties, Bad Religion, Rise Against etc.

Not; Reliant K, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Greenday... and definately not Simple Plan or Avril Lavighn, or however you spell that teenyboppers name.

I'll agree with you on Greenday, every song they have ever made have sounded the same. I frankly can't stand them. same with Good CHarlotte.

Chaos Affinity said:
Your a fuck head, metal takes more skill than country or rock or all that shit.

If you want to call people fuckheads you might want to call yourself one as well. It took me 3 years to play a country song...a metal song 3 hours. Same with punk. Most country songs are ballads...not just some notes thrown in. I respect your opinion but you might wnat to know what you're talking about first.

rakedog said:
Aye.

But Linkin park is NOT punk.

This is true. They are a new breed of metal. I actually like their music. I can relate to it...almost as much like I can relate to a lot of country.

nofx said:
If you want real punk try some; NOFX, Refused, Rancid, Lars Frederiksen and the bastards, Mad Caddies, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphies, The Casulties, Bad Religion, Rise Against etc.

Not; Reliant K, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Greenday... and definately not Simple Plan or Avril Lavighn, or however you spell that teenyboppers name.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you, esp on NOFX. However, my problem is I only like the music these days. I'm disgusted by all the anti-government propaganda pumped into this music. It borderlines on anti-americanism.

let me remind everyone... what you say in here should be opinions, not anything forcing someone to agree with you. i just dont want anyone starting some pointless arguement over some band that someone hates and that someone likes.

EDIT>>> And im sure other people dont like it when others start an arguement either.

Back
Top Bottom